We are pleased to launch our new Autumn Term Menu starting in September. The menu has been simplified for the safety of staff working in our kitchen and to make meals that children can eat without adult assistance. We will not be having jacket potatoes or school packed lunch option. Children can bring a packed lunch if they prefer.
- Our menu has been planned to ensure that we provide a balanced nutritious meal daily for our children.
- All our school meals are freshly cooked in our own kitchen using locally sourced ingredients.
- We follow the Schools Food Standards which govern what can be served to children in terms of food groups (protein, dairy, carbohydrates, fruit and vegetables) and portion size.
- Bread and fresh fruit are available daily.
- A vegetarian option is available daily.
- The children will be having lunch in separate sittings in their bubbles. The tables will be sanitised between sittings.
- Each class has a Midday Assistant to support them at lunchtime and meals are served to the children at the table.
- Themed meals are planned each half-term with competitions and prizes for the children to make lunchtimes a fun experience.
ALL INFANT SCHOOL CHILDREN ARE ENTITLED TO A FREE SCHOOL MEAL EVERY DAY.
THIS IS A SAVING OF £11.00 PER WEEK £418 PER YEAR.