Welcome Meeting for new parents Tuesday 2nd November 7-8pm
We will be holding a Welcome Meeting for parents of children due to start school in September 2022. We will also be doing tours of the school during the school day. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to book a place on a tour.
APPLICATIONS FOR A SCHOOL PLACE FOR SEPTEMBER 2022
Applications for a school place closed on 9th November 2021 and close on 15th January 2022. If you have not yet made an application please contact Essex Admissions on 0345 603 2200. or contact the school for advice.
If your application is successful you will receive an offer letter by 16th April 2022. The school will receive a list of the children who have gained a place at Holt Farm Infant School for September 2022 and we will then contact parents with information about our induction programme for new entrants and with forms to complete with information about you and your child.
VISITS DURING THE SCHOOL DAY
During this period of COVID restrictions, we are unable to have visits during the school day. However, a visit can be made after school by appointment with the Headteacher, He will be pleased to show parents around the school site, answer questions and provide further information.
During the summer term and at the beginning of the autumn term, we plan to arrange a series of meetings to introduce parents and children to our school. The parents will meet the Reception teachers one to one to talk about their child. The children will visit the classroom to meet their teacher and the other children in their class.
There is no guarantee of a place for children living in the priority admission area. In the event of oversubscription places will be allocated using the following criteria in the order given:
- Looked After Children
- Children with a sibling attending the school or the partner junior school;
- Children living in the priority admission area;
- Remaining applications.
In the event of oversubscription within any of the above criteria, priority will be determined by straight line distance from home to school, those living closest being given the highest priority.
Children are legally entitled to a place in the school at the beginning of the term after their fifth birthday. The local authority has adopted a general policy however whereby children can be admitted full time from September before the child’s 5th birthday.
Parents can, however, request that their child attends part-time until the child reaches compulsory school age.
If you would like your child to attend part-time at Holt Farm Infant School the arrangements are as follows:
- If your child was born between 1st. September and 31st December he/she will start school full-time at the beginning of the Autumn Term (the term during which they have their 5th birthday).
- If your child was born between 1st January and 30th April he/she will be offered a full-time place from September or you may choose to have a part-time place in the school at the beginning of the Autumn Term and become full time after the October half-term.
- If your child was born between 1st May and 31st August he/she will be offered a full-time place in September or you may choose to have a part-time place in the school at the beginning of the Autumn Term and become full time from January.