Welcome Meeting Wednesday 2nd November 7-8pm
We will be holding our welcome meeting for prospective parents on Wednesday 2nd November from 7-8pm.
This is an opportunity for parents to find out more about the application process, to have a tour of the school and speak to staff. You do not have to book just come along on the evening. This event is for parents, there will be opportunities for children to visit later in the year.
Visits during the school day
We are pleased to say that we are again able to offer visits during the school day which can be arranged by appointment with the Headteacher, He will be pleased to show parents around the school site, answer questions and provide further information.
During the summer term and at the beginning of the autumn term, we plan to arrange a series of meetings to introduce parents and children to our school. The parents will meet the Reception teachers one to one to talk about their child. The children will visit the classroom to meet their teacher and the other children in their class.
Applications for a school place in September 2023
Applications for a primary (reception) school place starting September 2023 can be made between 7 November 2022 and 15 January 2023. Applications must be made online via Essex School Admissions
All applications received after 15 January 2023 will be treated as late and will only be processed after all on-time applications.
You are less likely to get a place at one of your preferred schools if you apply later.
If your application is successful you will receive an offer letter in April (date to be confirmed). The school will receive a list of the children who have gained a place at Holt Farm Infant School for September 2023 and we will then contact parents with information about our induction programme for new entrants and with forms to complete with information about you and your child.
There is no guarantee of a place for children living in the priority admission area. In the event of oversubscription places will be allocated using the following criteria in the order given:
- Looked After Children
- Children with a sibling attending the school or the partner junior school;
- Children living in the priority admission area;
- Remaining applications.
In the event of oversubscription within any of the above criteria, priority will be determined by straight line distance from home to school, those living closest being given the highest priority.
Children are legally entitled to a place in the school at the beginning of the term after their fifth birthday. The local authority has adopted a general policy however whereby children can be admitted full time from September before the child’s 5th birthday.
Parents can, however, request that their child attends part-time until the child reaches compulsory school age.
If you would like your child to attend part-time at Holt Farm Infant School the arrangements are as follows:
- If your child was born between 1st. September and 31st December he/she will start school full-time at the beginning of the Autumn Term (the term during which they have their 5th birthday).
- If your child was born between 1st January and 30th April he/she will be offered a full-time place from September or you may choose to have a part-time place in the school at the beginning of the Autumn Term and become full time after the October half-term.
- If your child was born between 1st May and 31st August he/she will be offered a full-time place in September or you may choose to have a part-time place in the school at the beginning of the Autumn Term and become full time from January.