How children with SEN engage in all activities
At Holt Farm, we enable all children to engage fully in all aspects of school life.
To do this, we:
- Ensure that all children with SEND are fully included in all activities, in order to promote the highest levels of achievement.
- Ensure that all pupils have access to the school curriculum.
- Ensure every child has the entitlement to a sense of achievement.
We adapt the curriculum where necessary and make it more accessible in order to promote a sense of achievement for pupils with SEN:
- Individual teaching towards specific outcomes, eg reading difficulties or following specific programs directed by Speech and Language therapists or Educational Psychologists.
- Additional resources to enable better access to the curriculum, eg seating, writing/listening apparatus that has been suggested by external providers such as specialist teachers for the hearing or vision impaired.
- Provide specific support to target emotional regulation, suggested by eg Educational Psychologists.
We use detailed assessments and target tracking to ensure that all learners achieve and make progress at our school, including those children with any additional needs.