OUR VISION FOR PE
To provide all children with the opportunity to develop fundamental movement skills through a variety of inclusive physical activities.
We aim to do this in the following ways:
- Encourage children to develop an enthusiasm for being active and healthy by offering inclusive opportunities which promote the development of key movement skills alongside essential personal, social, cognitive, and creative skills.
- To develop an enthusiasm for physical activity by using enjoyable activities and games that are inclusive to all learners.
- To provide opportunities for children to challenge themselves and strive for their personal best whilst beginning to coach and support others.
- To encourage children to recognise how to play and partake in activities, safely, fairly, and honestly, helping them to become good team members, spectators, and coaches and embedding life-long values such as responsibility, respect, and courage.
- To enable children to recognise physical education as a tool to promote wellbeing.
- To inspire our children to seek further opportunities to be physically active. By working with local sports clubs to offer extracurricular activities.
We are delighted that Holt Farm Infant School is being recognised for the outstanding work we do in PE.
We have been awarded “School of the Year” in Rochford & Castle Point
We have been awarded the Silver Quality Mark for the Youth Sport Trust for the second time.
We have gained the Key Stage 1 award from Active Essex
We have been successful in our bid for funding to run a 6-week program of PE with our Reception children in the New Year.
We spend a lot of time developing the fundamental skills of movement and fitness in our PE lessons and all our teachers work along-side a PE specialist to ensure high-quality teaching. In addition, we link with local sports clubs and try to offer introductions to as many different sports as we can. This means our children are getting the very best introduction to physical activity. Thank you to Mrs. Robinson for her outstanding commitment to PE in our school which has led to all this success.
Our PE Specialist, Sarah Robinson works with Classteachers to improve teaching and learning in physical education. Sarah has a background in Sports Science and athletics and as well as being a primary teacher she has also been a personal trainer.